Friday, April 1, 2011

Updates after the East Cape! Tauranga to the hot springs of Rotoura!


 Jillian and Kevins Touring Tandem!
 Farewell Tauranga
 Mathias


 Blocked!
 Just another work day....
 Riding on the left side of the road!
 The hot springs of Rototoura

 Home and my backyard tonight
Hello everyone! In case you were curious, I am in fact alive and doing well! My legs are a bit larger and I believe I am in the best shape of my life. I have lots of updates...so I will post as if I have everyday because I do not want to skip too many things.


View East Cape in a larger map

Taurange to Rotoura

44 miles - Total 207 miles

I am camping next to lake okareka right now. Today was a pretty fun day of riding. I had a decent amount of climbing to do to get to Rototura, since it is 500 m above Tauranga. The scenery is very pretty..and it was great coming down from the hills. I did not even realize that I was climbing, since I was going down so many hills! I listend to Robin Williams stand up, which made the time pass by even faster.

I made it to the city in no time and filled up my gas canister and ate my first meat pie! I think it was chili and cheese, but it was quite tsaty. Afterwards, I looked at the Department of Conservatin that Jilian had given me and decided to go amd camp where I am now. I must say, the lake is gorgeous. There are just three other groups and we are lake side. I showed up right before dark and had to cook in the dark, but it was not too bad. I am pretty full..had some soup and ate som e coscos. No complaints here! Another journey tomorrow. I am going to start the East Cape soon and cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment