Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Nelson to Murchison (kinda)

76 miles (914 miles total)
Today I left Nelson to begin my journey on the West Coast. Nelson is a quaint little town, complete with a cycling path connecting it to nearby Richmond. In Richmond, I picked up some supplies to water proof my tent and prepare for my trip on the West Coast. I had two significant climbs today up across spooners saddle (400 m) and hope saddle (600 m). The panoramic views from the saddles were well worth the ride up. I did not quite make it to Murchison today so I camped in one of the DOC sites in beween. It was very relaxing as I went to sleep the sounds of the nearby stream. 


View Untitled in a larger map


 View of richmond 
 Here we go.....

 Last Dairy in a 100 km
 Scene from top of Hopes Saddle, first view of mountains

 Up the saddle I go
 Top of Hope Saddle, welcome to the west coast

No comments:

Post a Comment