Saturday, March 26, 2011

Relaxing in Tauranga!

Yesterday I took a day off to rest my legs and recharge my batteries. Kevin and Jillian, my warm shower hosts, were kind enough to host me for an additional day and show me around the city. Quite an incredible place, I got a chance to see the beaches and last night I even relaxed in one of the natural hot springs! I really think it helped my tired legs.

Kevin and Jillian have been wonderful hosts, providing me with breakfast, lunch and dinner. Kevin is an amazing cycling mechanic and has helped me repair my rack and adjust a few other components on my bike. I certainly owe them for their help! We also went to the super market and picked up a few more things as I will be camping along the more isolated East Cape the next few days.

It was also a nice day to rest because the weather has been a bit gloomy. Hopefully the weather will hold up the next few days while I camp! I probably will not have much internet access so be patient....more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment