Thursday, April 7, 2011

Napier to Otane

April 5th -
45 Miles ( 664 miles total)

After having breakfast and going out for coffee with Graeme, we went to the bike shop and replaced my cycling rack. I had a late start today, but had a relatively hill free and short ride. Napier and Hastings have a number of coastal cycling trails, which I enjoyed for part of the day. I took shelter under a bridge for 15 minutes or so as a rain shower past by.

I rode along SH2 for about half the day, avoiding most of the hills. I ended it, however, with a decent amount as I took a few backroads. This was the first day I noticed that it was getting colder. I was welcomed at the end of the day by Julia and Christopher. Both musicians, I enjoyed talking about my days playing the saxophone in jazz band and symphonic band. We talked about Greece, since both Julia and Christopher lived there. We enjoyed a quiet evening over dinner and tea before I fell fast asleep.


View Napier to Waipawa in a larger map


 Panoramic shot of cycling path
 Storm off in the distance 
 Shelter underneath a bridge
  Spectacular 
 Just stretching out my back...


 Sami the blue eyed kitten
Leisure shot 



My couchsurfing family!

No comments:

Post a Comment