Friday, April 22, 2011

Resting in Christchurch

4/22
0 miles!

As of today, my leg feels 1000% better than it did a few days ago. I am going to stay off of it for at least another week, but I think there is a good chance I will be able to ride in Australia. I am not sure if it will be a few days or a few weeks, but I am feeling better and better each day. I have been completing a bit of a rehab to the leg, doing various quad strengthening exercises and hope to go for a quick spin on the unload bike tomorrow. I have decided that next Thursday will be my final assessment. If I am not feeling 100%, than I will go to national park along the coast and go fishing. Then, give it a go a week later. 


I haven't moved much in the last two days so I think it would be good to see some of the city too. Michal showed me a few pictures today of the destroyed sections of christchurch. Most people really assess the severity of natural disasters solely by the number of people killed. I am learning more and more about the other factors involved. Many people have either lost their home or are forced to live in a dilapidated one. With winter coming along, it is even more heart breaking.  

Just for kicks...I plan to make this my route in Australia (fingers crossed): 

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=26468

Cheers,
Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment