Thursday, April 7, 2011

Woodville to Wellington

April 7th -
50 miles (764 miles total)

Today was my last day cycling the North Island. I  am taking a day off to see Wellington, the capital of New Zealand and then I am off to the South Island for two weeks. The day was more relaxing than the day before as there were less winds. The ride was relatively flat, but I was able to enjoy the rolling hills. I  do feel a bit accomplished to have ridden so far...but it is humbling to think how much I have left. I am  very excited for what I have ahead of me, but I do appreciate everything that I have seen so far.

When I arrived to Masterton, I enjoyed a nice platter of fish and chips to reward myself for the journey. The train ride was my first and it was quite relaxing. There were two little toddlers on the train who found me very interesting for some strange reason. I told my story to one little tot, who really enjoyed having his picture taken. Today I am going to explore Wellington and go to the national museum. I have a number of things to take care of as well to get ready for the South Island. I am staying with my friend Sarah, one of the girls I met touring along the East Cape. Tonight they are having a party at their flat with a number of internationals.



View Untitled in a larger map

 So close!
 The tui brewery, delicious lager
 Riding through the rain!
 Welcome to Tuiwood

 My reward  for the trip

 Helloooo mate
 My 3 year old friend in the jungle
 My 3 year old friend as a cat, I think he liked the last photo
 Welcome to Wellington 
 Something I'm not used to anymore...traffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment