Friday, April 1, 2011

Matata to Hawaii Bay...welcome to paradise

March 29th
59 miles- Total 308 Miles

I am really enjoying this camping! I made it to the East Cape today and am almost back on my schedule. Today I rode from Matata to Hawai. I cycled through numerous cities including the larger town of Whatakane, Ophope and Opotoki. I rode through Whatakane and picked up some ration and was pretty much nonstop from there. I learned the art of eating lunch of the rode and took the majority of my photos on my bike. Nothing unexpected happened today...The funniest thing happened today though. I was setting up my camp site and walked away for a few seconds to take a picture of the sunset. I turned around and my tent was rolling along the grass at 15 miles per hour! It was hysterical and a just a bit embarrassing! I finished my day eating some tasty Whittakers mint chocolates. Cheers mates! 


View East Cape in a larger map


 Morning view



 Lunch break
 Traditional maori statues

 Relaxing after a hard days work
Sunset off of Hawai Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment