Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hicks bay to Tokomaro Bay...hills and more hills



March 31st -
55 Miles (427 miles total)

I will soon get to the photos up...it is taking me a bit longer than writing the blogs, so I will update this first. Today I had a great chance to meet a number of the local people. After a windy night of camping, I met a few school children headed off to school and one of the local shop keepers. I was soon off...on the bike, climbing the hills out of Hicks Bay and Te Araroa. After three tough climbs and relaxing descents, I saw a shop with a few loaded bikes. I soon befriended a few cyclists who were on a short Holiday, cycling the East Cape. Mat, Anabelle, and Sarah were soon my new best friends. After cycling and camping by myself for a few days, it was very relieving meeting such enthusiastic people. We cycled our way through the East Cape...stopping for lunch right outside of Roturia and eating some ice cream at Te Puia Springs before setting up camp at Tokomaro Bay. After making a delicious meal in the camp ground kitchen, we hung out in the local pub and played a few games of pool!


View Te Toko to Hicks Bay in a larger map










No comments:

Post a Comment