Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lake Hawae to Lake Wanaka

I am staying in my first back packers tonight. After traveling with the Coop family from Lake Hawae, we spent the morning eating breakfast at a local cafe. I ate my first full breakfast in a cafe. Pancakes with bananas and blueberries, delicious. New Zealand has tons of cafes by the way. Since tourism is a large part of their economy, many towns (especially the small ones), make their living off of people like myself.

After saying our goodbyes and taking a few photographs, I was soon off on my own again. I really, immensely, appreciate the Coop family's help. Although my quad is a bit sore, I have a great chance of cycling a bit in Australia. If I forced myself to cycle, I am confident I would have completed my trip without my bike.

I am off to Christchurch tomorrow. Although I am hurt, I am so very lucky to have had this opportunity to travel by bike and experience the life of a cycling tourist. I do not now when I will be 100% again, but I will continue nevertheless in my travels . After a week of rest, I will see how my leg feels.

I will travel to Australia with my Marin and begin our next adventure.


View Untitled in a larger map



 Lake Wanaka...mmhmm
 My reward for my first 2000 km
 My adoptive family
 My two best mates, Alexander and Phillip...thanks guys!
Lake Wanaka bakpaka

No comments:

Post a Comment