Sunday, June 12, 2011

Vienna to Kelm

60 miles (2676 miles total)

Was planning on getting to Melk today, but had a late start. I slept a little later than usual and took care of contacting some cs and ws hosts. My stay in Vienna, although short, was spectacular. My host Francis and her roommates were more than accomodating and I could not have been hapiier with how hospitable they were. When I think of Vienna, I will have nothing but great things to remember. The city is breathtaking. While it has much history, the architecture is much more varied than other cities. Around district 1, all of the prominent buildings are built in a different style. I spent a few hours cycling around the city and getting a nice dose of a few of the districts.

After a filling lunch and after replacing a chain link, I was off. The riding was one of the best, although I got a late start I made great progress because of how flat it is. The cycling paths are equal if not better than yesterday. I enjoyed today even more because I was cycling along the river for a longer period. I stopped in Tullen to take a look at the gardens and there were a few castles along the river that made the scene that much more picturesque.

Danube shot 
In Vienna! 

Financial district Vienna 
Little dinner with my new Austrian friends! 
In the tourist district 








Back on the road 


Look at this excellent signage...great job Europe! 

Just some palace I found along my ride....

No comments:

Post a Comment