Sunday, June 12, 2011

Regensburg to Prague

6.10
10 milesb (2956 miles total)

This morning Nulls and I enjoyed a traditional German breafast of fresh bread, butter, jam, and syrup. Nulls was kind enough to give me a tour of the city center. We walked through the Catholic "Domed" church which has breathtaking gothic architecture. We talked to see the old stone bridge, which was first bridge built after the Romans, hundreds of years after the empire collapsed. We also saw the 2000 year old Roman legion wall and town, which I mentioned earlier. 

Afterwards, Nulls and I grabbed some pizza. Similar age to me, we have much in common. In medical school, he has had much experience in community service, working for 4 months in Massachusetts in a home for the handicapped. His travels have been very enjoyable to see and hear about. The most interesting was his time in Oman at the Royal hospital in the capital. The photos of the nation demonstrate just how diverse and lively it is. It was also wonderful being shown the city by a local. This was my first time in Germany and I hope not the last. 

I am going to Prague this afternoon/evening. I was not able to place my bike on the train so I went to Forth i Wald to catch a later train to Prague. I tried calling my couchsurfing host, but could not understand the perosn on the other end....so I will try in Czech. 

In Prague, I decided to camp since it was so late. Finding a campsite on an island in the city, I arrived in less than 20 minutes and fell fast to sleep after a long day of international travel.

Regensburg 
Me and the dome 
Inside the dome 
Nulls and Me 
The Roman Wall 

Detour to Prague 
  Prague 

1 comment: