Thursday, June 2, 2011

Budapest to Dunafoldvar

5/26

80 miles (1971 miles total)

Today went very smoothly. My leg seems to be handling the long distances well. I think this flat terrain helps. After getting a late start, I managed to navigate my way through the budapest traffic. The countryside is very relaxing and all of the people have been very friendly. I have cycled through a number of small towns using my bikeline books. They have been fantastic at explaining the sites along the way and navigating me towards uncongested roads. I have also seen a number of eurovelo 6 signs. A combination of these signs, bikeline maps, and my GPS is making my travelling that less stressful.

I met two cyclists in a camp ground I stayed at tonight, one girl is cycling from Bulgaria to Germany alone. She is a South Korean which is that much more unusual. I also talked extensivelly with a German cyclist, which was very enjoyable.

Parliament building 


Home for the night 

In front of the opera 
The first eurovelo 6 sign! 
Entering Szigetcsep...

No comments:

Post a Comment