Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Györ to Bratislava

6\4
57 miles (2566 miles total)

Györ to Bratislava

 Started my day with a traditional hungarian breakfast of sausage, mustard, and bread. Weather was clear, riding was good. I ran into my first family on tour, they are travelling to budapest..two young parents with two young little girls.

I passed through a few towns, but did not stay too long in any. Made my was into Slovakia, where I made it to Bratislava. Much was going on, including a gay pride parade, and thousands of people cycling and roller blading around the city paths. I rode into the town center, which was one of the most beautiful I have seen. A man in the square was a one man band...playing the drums (with his feet), a guitar, harmonica, and a key board (with his knees).

Finding a phone, I called Tomas, my ws host. After a little rain and a little exploration in the city we found each other. I walked with Tomas and his two friends around the city until we found a good spot to grab a drink. I had a few Slovakian beers, Tomas also purchased me some Slovakian liquor.

We went to two other bars where I met many local Slovakians. I ended the night going to a local party with Tomas and his friend in the middle of a field. The party was entitled 'Austrian Invasion' so I was introduced to many Austrians. All in all, a wild introduction to the city.

My favorite time of the day 
Home sweet home 
Gyor city center 
Brunch time 
Slovakia here I come 

Hello there little fella

So long Hungary...herro slovakia 
Welcome to Bratislava!
Bratislava Opera House

Incredible

No comments:

Post a Comment