Thursday, June 2, 2011

Baja to Osijek

5/28
73 miles (2107 miles total)

I woke up this morning at 500 am to what seemed like a hundred birds. Despite the bird calls, I did feel well rested and ready to go. After a meatastic breakfast, I was off for Croatia. My plan today was to cycle through as far as possible.

I first spent a little time in Bajas town center. I spent the morning crusing along the dike rides, void of any traffic. I finally approached Udvar where I made my crossing into Croatia. Simultaneous with the onset of a heavy downpour, I hope this is not a foreboding sign of my time in the country.

Not for long, I stopped at a local church in one of the towns and was approaced by a cyclist. Christopher, a french man, quickly took up a cigarette and told me he had cycled 120 km so far. We cycled on to Osijek, where we shared a hotel room, in the royal palace. Not as grand as the name suggests, it was the most communist looking hotel I have stayed in. We ate some Chinese Croatian food at a restraunt attached to the hotel. We talked about our trips so far, future trips, and how we got interested in cycling before heading to bed. Christopher loves his cigarettes and beer.

Mathius and the motorcycles
Hungarian fish and noodle soup
Hanging out with the motorcyclists
Found this little guy on my tent in the morning 

Weclome to Croatia 

No comments:

Post a Comment