Sunday, June 12, 2011

Linz to Passau

6.8
60 miles (2836 miles total)
After an early breakfast and enjoyable chat, I was soon off. I went first to the museum fur Geschichte der Zahnheilharde, the Museum of the History of Dentistry. I enjoyed the artifacts and photographs. However, I did not stay too long for I know I will be spending more than enough time the next few years.

I stayed on the Northern bank the first half of the ride cycling through the pretty town of Oftensheim, eventually riding through open fields until reaching the river bank again. I rode through Feldkirchen and crossed over into Aschach for a delicious brien crossant sandwich and iced tea. I rode the rest of the day on the Southern Bank enjoying the scenary. The wooded slopes are undeveloped here amplifying the natural landscape. One of the more interesting parts of today was the Schlogen loop, where the danube forms an S shaped loop. There were a number of breathtaking meadows and many quaint inviting inns. I ended my day ride outside of Passau in Ixasten. Tomorrow I have my longest day yet and hope to get plenty of rest.


Through the streets of Linz

The City Museum by Juergens home
Dental museum!

Quail posing for the camera 
Man I have to cycle to the Atlantic Ocean still...
But I have this to entertain me
And a little of this
Not to mention this to eat 

No comments:

Post a Comment