Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bratislava to Vienna

50 miles (2616 miles total)

After sleeping in a little, I had breakfast with Tomas. I played with his dog for a little and we talked about bikes. Tomas works for Bike Kitchen, which is a group that teaches people how to build bikes, similar to bike church in Philadelphia. 

Tomas showed me around the city center in the morning and we got a Slovakian Cola at an outdoor restraunt along the cycling path. Tomas' friend soon pased by so we spent an hour or two talking. A little less rested than usual, I headed to Vienna. The cycling was perfect and what made it even better was that I was on a path for about 90 percent of the time. In Vienna, I found my WS host, Francis and met many of her roommates and friends. We ate a delicious dinner and talked for a few hours. Francis and her boyfriend are preparing for a cycle tour from Vienna to China. Good luck!

National Theater Town Center

Morning ride shot 
Ciao Bratislava
Hello Austria 



No comments:

Post a Comment