Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Esztergom to Györ

6\3
72 miles (2509 miles total)

Easy riding today. I continued along route 10 passing through a number of towns. It has been very convient since I no longer need to carry much food with me, there is usually at least one market in town.

I rode along some extensive well maintained cycling paths in Tat, Nyergesufafu. Although I am still in Hungary, I feel like I am a million miles from Budapest and Baja. The towns here feel modern, with well maintained houses, yards, and public buildings. Southwestern Hungary is much more rual and widespread. I took a break during the day in Komarom. Across from the Slovakian Komarom, the two cities are now connected by a friendship bridge. The city has much history, known for its 3 city fortifications, Csillag-erod, Igmandi-erod, and Monostar-erod. Well preserved today, I got a glimpse passing through.

Here in the countryside I began to see windturbines. I went along a few dirt paths to get a closer look unaware that there would be hundreds of them along the countryside. From the town of Acs to Gyor I was immersed in the beautiful structures.

Cycling with a clear sky above me and wind turbines areound me with a clear road ahead, I could not be happier. In Györ I set upo camp and am read for a new day.

Esztergom!
The Catholic Church of Esztergom 
My new best friend 



Soda, bread with cheese break 
Old fortress in Komarom


I wish I could build a house to the right of that turbine in the foreground

No comments:

Post a Comment