Sunday, May 22, 2011

Venice to Bologna

5/21

Holly and I slept in a little today , planning on catching a train around 12. We prepared to meet my family before then left at 11, but just missed getting there in time. The train ride was enjoyable as we were able to enjoy the countryside. We spent the afternoon strolling through the city, enjoyed pizza, gelato, and caffe. We enjoyed walking through the major town squares, seeing the university, and venturing around the shopping areas. Tonight we had our last dinner together, eating some traditional bolognese foods.

5/22
I cannot describe how wonderful it has been sharing my trip with my friends, family, and spectacular girlfriend. Today I said goobye to Holly as she is headed back home. Although I feel quite sad to see everyone go, my legs are ready to go and after cycling a little in Greece I am excited to see a little of Italy before going to Romania.

I was originally going to go to Slovenia, but there does not seem to be a train that goes directly to Bucharest from Slovenia. Sooo I am just going to have to cycle in Italy! I know...poor me. Heres my plan:

5/22 - Bologna to Mondena to Mantova
5/23 - Mantova to Verona
5/24 - Verona to Lake Garda
5/25 - Lake Garda to Milan, Night train to Bucharest

It looks like my train ride to Bucharest will be as epic as the ferry ride, totalling 30 hours. I am not staying with an couchsurfers or warm shower hosts and will be camping for the next three nights. Thanks for checking in!






No comments:

Post a Comment