Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bologna to Italian Countryside

5/22 - 75 miles (1811 miles total)

After making my tentative plan, I headed out on my bike once more. The traffic was a bit heavier than Greece, but the drivers have given me plentz of room on the small shoulder. I ran into a small problem as well. Very quickly, I realiyed that none of the grocery stores are open. However, the pizza places were. I stopped by a pizza place at the border of the city limits and bought one for lunch and one for the road. The  long day allowed me to ride for about 7 hours in the afternoon. I passed through the larger town of Modena and Montava. I noticed that the countryside is very different from Australia and New Zealand. First, the med climbate does have varied plants. The landscape seems to be sculpted more bz man as well. There are telephone poles scattered throughout the countryside, canals are interspersed everywhere, rarely will you glimpse across an open field without a peering at a small county house. Nevertheless, it has been enjoyable seeing Italy from the lens of a cyclist. Normally, I would never see these towns. It is also apparent as the locals do not speak English. I ended my day camping in a small field, next to a small (very small) forest.

After travelling with my friends and girlfriend for 10 days, I felt very lonely tonight. I am afraid I may have to get used to this until I meet with Heather in a week. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment