Sunday, May 15, 2011

Holly comes to Athens!

5/14


After getting a bit of sleep at Yannis' place, I went back to the airport (this time by train), to pick up Holly from the airport. Getting to the airport late, I was anxious about her leaving. But she didn't! We started off our day by going back to meet Yannis. Although I saved his location on my GPS, I did not recall his exact front door. So we spent an hour roaming the neighborhood until I reached him by phone. I introduced Holly to Yannis and we also met his mother, who was very friendly! Thank you for the accomodation Yannis! It was wonderful getting to know a Greek and staying his family home, hopefully this will not be the last time. Holly and I went to lunch in New Philadelphia, ate some delicious authentic greek food. We then checked into the hostel and walked around Athens.

The city is gorgeous. It was cool seeing the city after being in places that are relatively young. Their are orange trees growing along the city streets. The days have been almost perfect, 70 degrees and sunny. We walked through the national garden and took our time watching the national guards in front of the parliment. At night we saw the parthenon and the rest of the acropolis lit up. We went out to dinner as well and I feasted on another gyro!



 My host Yannis and me at lunch
 Philadelphia Travel!
 Posing in front of the parliament building














1 comment:

  1. Pete, are there animals living in that beard of yours?

    ReplyDelete