Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cabulture to Glass House Mountains

25 miles (1291 miles total)

After lots of sleep, I was ready to do a bit of cycling today. I am going towards the Sunshine coast, hoping to spend a full day at the beach at the end of the trip. I decided to cut Mt. Mele out, to make sure I don't hurt my leg by easing back into touring. My leg feels about 90%...but I am going to monitor it well. I am not sure when I will be back in Australia, but don't want to risk hurting it before Europe so I will be very careful with it. Rose and Rick cycled with me towards the river, which was very kind. Rick cycled with me to the train station and wished me the best.
-----
 My first day back on the bike is a success so far! I am camping in Glass House Mountain township, cycling about 40 km today. Since I had a late start and I wanted to ease back into cycling fully loaded, I just did a fraction of what I normally do. Overall, it was a very productive day. I dropped my bike off for some mechanical work and got some groceries. No major problems, just tuned up the gears, tightened the hub. Since this is the first night camping in about 2 weeks, I had to stock up on supplies too. 

The cycling was very relaxing...no major hills, the traffic was not too bad. The local Australians are not very friendly so far though! Three groups of kids of yelled at me from their car window. And two vans have honked at me for no apparent reason. Oh well...just one day...I want generalize I region of a country based on those people..


View Cabulture to Glasshouse Mountains in a larger map









No comments:

Post a Comment