Sunday, May 22, 2011

Arrival in Venice

5/20

Our ship has arrived! We had a busy day starting it off with finding out way to the Hotel Venice. Actually, a half hour outside venice proper, I rode my bike to the hostel while Holly took a bus. After I arrived, Holly soon showed up exhausted from the bus trip. But, we soon regrouped and set off to find my dad and sister. We first stopped for pizza fungi along the canals. The views were more incredible than either of us remembered as we visited after high school.

We bought a 12 hour pass and enjoyed a few ferry rides around the city. Determined to track my family, we spent a few hours meandering the area by my Dads hotel, buying gelato and more pizza. Holly bought sandals as well. My Dad and sisters soon arrived. It was fantastic seenig them again! After talking about my beard, we set off for San Marco and enjoyed a quiet dinner outside the square. I enjoyed some spagetti carbonnara and Fanta. We said our goodbyes after and Holly and I rushed off to catch the last bus to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment