Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Shellharbour Loop

5/7
70 miles (1536 miles total)
Yesterday I arrived at the Nelson's. Gary was generous enough to pick me up from the train station. I spent the night talking to the Nelson's about my trip, my future plans and their trips. They have an impressive history of travellng, spending time on each contintent. Last year they traveled for about 90 days through Iran, parts of the middle east and Europe. We talking about my preparation for Europe and talked to me about what to expect.

The Nelson's have an impressive home right next othe Pacigfic Ocean. The breakfast morning view was incredible! My two hosts cycled with me to Kaima, showing me the cycle paths. Their equipment and mode of transportation are also veyr impressive. A coupled mountain tandem bike is their choice of travel. This bike is unique in that it can be taken apart and placed in a small suitcase. This saves the trouble when flying and taking the bus.

My leg felt great today. I cycled for about 7 hours accumulating about 70 miles. The scenory was fantastic. I got a  great taste of the countryside and coastline today. For lunch I feasted on a tasty fish and chips meal. Tomorrow I am heading up North to stay in my hosts daughters home. Tonight I am staying with the Nelson's once more. I could not be happier with the hospitality from my hosts. All in all, I am pleased by the fact I have spent so much time with the local Australians. In a few days I am also going to meet a UPENN alumni, my alma mater, which I am excited about.











No comments:

Post a Comment