Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mudjimba to Nambour...back to Brisbane

25 miles (1444 miles total)
Today I took it easy and spent some time at the beach. I ate my breakfast at Mudjimba and then went to Marochydore to have my lunch. I was tempted to ride directly to Brisbane, but held myself back and simply rode to Nambour. Completing the ride I planned to do, I decided to head back to Brisbane a day early. I could have rode South to see the "Big Pineapple," a very large pineapple to lure tourists. I do not think I missed out on much. I will rest my leg tomorrow and Thursday. Tomorrow I think I will see a little more of Brisbane, might ride with my bike unloaded and ride around the city. On Thursday I am going to ride the 14 hours back to Sydney and hope to see the country by daylight on the train. On Friday, I will set out to ride around Bathurst West of Sydney to finish my tour in Australia. After arriving in central station, I went off through a downpour. After drying off, I soon felt right at home. It was great seeing Rose, Ian, and Rick again. Rose cooked a great meal of veggies, shepards pies, and potatoes...a perfect post ride meal. I told them about my short tour around the coast. We caught up and had some great conversations about eating on tour and even playing music while touring. I'm thinking about getting a harmonica somewhere....


View Mudjima to Norse in a larger map














No comments:

Post a Comment