Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Glass house mountains to Eumundi







5/1
106 km (1357 miles total)

Today was a much better day of riding. I felt so great, I did over 100 km. After a long 200 m hill in the morning I saw the scenic glass house mountains in all of their glory. Since the day was so clear, I also could see Brisbane's city sky line!

The people are much friendlier too. The first thing this morning, a many preparing food for his children at the campsite gave me bacon, chocolate milk and grapes for my breakfast. He told me he did some touring himself in Europe. I also met a great couple at the top of the mountain who took my picture. Afterwards, I ran into a group of people on a weekend ride. Soon enough, they led me to the very best views of the mountains. Interestingly, they are not mountains, but volcanic underwater plugs. The area was underwater millions of years ago. I had a coffee with the group. I met a man where who was cycling off to Darwin, completing a 5 month land trip to France. Amazing!


View Glass house to Eummundi in a larger map

The locals directed me towards more appropriate scenic roads for the trip to Noosa. I also learned there is a cycling non-profit group based in Britain that organized affordable supported rides. The riding was perfect. Perfect weather, enjoyable rolling hills. I am just a few km from the beach and plan to spend the day there tomorrow.






 Off to Kenilworth!
 First I have to pass through Landsborough
 Glass house mountain 

 Pacific ocean in the background 

 See brisbane in the distance? 

 That white strip is brisbane! 
 Missed a picture with the cyclist....this is where we had our coffees

 Nice duo 

 Home
My skylight

No comments:

Post a Comment