Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lake Garda to Budapest

 30 miles (1891 miles total)

Today was eventful. I slept in today, but was soon ready to head off as the tent really heats up from the passive heat. I took my time putting supplies away as I was surrounded bz two families playing. I sincerely believe the Italians are more friendly than they have acted over the past 3 days. I believe it is the language barrier. I have seen numerous people cycling, so it is not the infamliarity.

I feel bad because I do not even know the basic of Italian besides Thank You and Hello/Goodbye. I know my Eastern European language phrase book will come into good use.

I cycled the short distance back to Verona to determine how to get to Romania. Unfortuntely, the ticket to Innsbruck Austria from Verona was already sold out. After much confusion and time, I am going to go to Breenero to go to Innsbruck. From there I went to Budapest. After 18 hours, three trains, I am in Hungary. Sadly, I will not be able to meet Heather in Eastern Europe. But we are hoping to meet up in France and travel North to Belgium and Holland instead. Fingers crossed!








No comments:

Post a Comment