Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sarrenbourg to Luxembourg

6.23
109 miles (3676 miles total)

Wow, my legs feel like jell-o. Got an extremelly early start because I knew it would be a long day. The ride was strenuous today, with many many hills, many more than was used to. I cycled exclusively through the French countryside. I did not pass through any towns with a supermarket, not even a gas station or bakery. It makes me wonder where they buy their food. This was obviously not a place many tourists visit, except for many the Dutch cycling tourists. The route goes straight through the countryside, with no major towns or cities.

The largest town Vigg happened to have a pizzeria, where I stopped for a calzone. I continued along the Moselle river in France making it to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The country welcomed me with a climb up a mountain. Luxembourg is significantly higher than sea level, heavily forested and slightly mountainous. After cycling for about 100 miles, I made my way to the city and quickly found my host after cycling around the city center.

Adam, an Australian couch surfer, was also staying here for the night. Adam, after travelling for 2.5 months in Asia, is spending the next two years in Europe. We discussed Australia. Christian also competes in triathlons and aspires to go to Kona for the ironman competition. He is originally from the Phillipines and has lived in Luxembourg for the past 5 years. We ate a delicious salmon dinner with couscous, a perfect meal for cycling! My legs are tired, hopefully tomorrow I will recover.

 Camping out in the forest
 Found these little guys on my tent in the morning
 Mmmhmm
 Hawk shot
                                                                          There she is!



 Luxembourg!





No comments:

Post a Comment