Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Luxembourg to Liege

6.24
130 miles (3806 miles total)

This was most strenuous day cycling in Europe. Luxembourg to Liege, Belgium...about 130 miles of riding, 13 hours on the bike was brutal. I passed through 3 countries, completely cycling across Luxembourg, passing through Germany, and ending in Belgium. And no, it was not completely flat...it was sickeningly hilly. At one point, I climbed to the highest point in Belgium 694 meters and came back almost to sea level. The ride was long, but the scenory was awesome, motivating me to continue and meet my CS host in Liege, Belgium.

An Italian couple, Simon and Guilia, have lived in Liege for about 2 years. They offered me a recovery pasta dish and took me to an underground concert in the city. I met a number of their friends and we drank a few beers, listened to music, and chatted with the locals. At the end of the day I was exhausted!


Downtown Luxembourg

 Me and the city of luxembourg
 Me, Adam, and Christian after a delicious dinner
 Luxembourg countryside





 Typical day of work
My terrain of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment