Wednesday, May 25, 2011

To Verona and Lake Garda

5/23 - 50 miles (1861 miles total)

Countryside North Bologna to Lake Garda.

Today was a relaxing and very rewarding day on the bike. The sun rises at 5 PM so I awake bright and early to begin cycling around 6 AM. Cycling North, the plains soo brake to snow capped mountains. I entered Verona to enjoy the city sites briefly before going to the train station. I am a little anxious about getting to Bucharest before Heather. The info agent told me it may take 6 or more trains to get there.

I have decided to take the 1 AM train on May 25th. This will get me to Budapest by 4 PM on May 25th, from there I will figure out how to get to Bucharest with my bike. Although it would have been enjoyable to cycle Italy for two more days, I think it is safe getting to bucharest early. If I get there a few days early, I might take a train north to Transylvania.

From Verona, I cycled Northwest to Lake Garda and am camping along the lakeside. It will be great taking a shower and taking advantage of the full accomodatiosn. The sunset across the Alps was well worth the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment